On Community Networks
- Building resilience with community technology across the United States – US country report for global roundup of community communication networks built, owned, operated, and used by residents in a participatory and open manner. (From the Association for Progressive Communications’ Global Information Society Watch 2018)
- What are Community Wireless Networks For? (Journal of Community Informatics 2015)
- Wireless Organizing in Detroit: Churches as Networked Sites in Under-Resourced Urban Areas (First Monday)
- Connecting Communities for Regional Resilience: A Case Study of the Silicon Valley Region: A feasibility study for how to build a regional distributed wireless network for preparedness, supported by the Silicon Valley Community Foundation.
On Digital Equity
- Take It or Leave It – This report ranks New York City’s major Internet Service Providers based on the degree of privacy control and consent they offer consumers.
- Preparing for the Digital Decennial Census: Building Consent, Equity, and Safety into Digital Transition – an analysis of risk, safety, and trust for the first-ever digital decennial census.
- Preparing for the First Digital Census – a train-the-trainers learning guide meant for anyone who intends to work with communities towards a complete count during the first primarily online Census in 2020.
- Mozilla NYC Internet Health Report – a report from the Mozilla Foundation that adapts Mozilla’s global internet health report to New York City, with a contribution from our team on decentralization (page 19).